Automotive Air Conditioning Fitter
Automotive air conditioning fitters install and repair air conditioning units in various types of vehicles and machinery, such as cars, trucks, vans and tractors.
Automotive air conditioning fitters may perform the following tasks:
- install the compressor and its drive from the engine, the evaporator unit (under the dashboard, in the boot or on the roof) and the electrical wiring to the units, power source and controls
- fill the unit with refrigerant and test it for leaks and malfunctions
- carry out repair work on existing units, including testing, fault finding, dismantling, repair or replacement of faulty parts, re-assembly and final testing.
Most of the work is done in a workshop.
- enjoy practical and manual work
- good hand-eye coordination
- aptitude for mechanical work
- able to keep up to date with technological change
- problem-solving skills.
- Brake Mechanic
- Engine Reconditioner
- Light Engine Mechanic
- Light Vehicle Motor Mechanic
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: