Advertising Account Executive
Advertising account executives devise and coordinate advertising campaigns, which are created to encourage consumers to purchase particular products or services.
Advertising account executives may perform the following tasks:
- discuss with clients and other stakeholders the products to be advertised and obtain relevant information from clients such as product and company details, budget, marketing goals and marketing research
- brief other specialists in the agency, such as the creative team, media planners and researchers, on client requirements in order to develop the details of a campaign
- present draft campaign suggestions to clients along with a summary of the expenditure involved, and negotiate and arrange for modifications if required
- supervise and coordinate the work of the relevant production departments so that the campaign meets deadlines and budget requirements
- keep in contact with the client throughout the project and deal with problems as they arise
- assist the client with marketing strategies.
A media planner organises and purchases advertising space on television, radio, in magazines and newspapers or on outdoor advertising. They liaise between clients and the sellers of advertising space to make sure that the advertising campaign reaches the target market.
Advertising account executives usually work as part of a team. They work closely with their clients. Their work is usually carried out under pressure to compete for clients' accounts and to meet their requirements within strict deadlines.
- good communication skills
- organisational skills
- able to work under pressure
- analytical ability.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: